Sworn translation: Certificates and Reports

Translations of your certificates, reports and diplomas should always be certified translations.

With us, you will get your translation from sworn translators who specialize in the certified translation of educational certificates.

Our certified translations are officially recognized for all official and private purposes.

Which country was the document issued in?
What is the language of the document?
Your document should be translated into which language?

Available document translations

Certified certificate translations

Our mission is to make translations easy to understand for the reader. Therefore, the layout of the translations of your diploma, degree certificate or school report will be based on the original.

A certificate is a document that contains an evaluation, usually in the form of grades (as in school reports or university transcripts) or assessments (as in job references).

We translate officially recognized:

  • school reports
  • high school diplomas
  • diploma certificates
  • master’s certificates
  • work certificates
  • vocational school certificates
  • certificates of qualification

Certificate translation and recognition

The sworn translation of certificates does not replace the recognition of equivalence.

As sworn translators, we are not authorized to establish equivalence of foreign educational qualifications. Educational systems are culturally determined and cannot be equated 100 %. Therefore, we cannot make a German Abitur out of your amrican High School Diploma.

In some cases, a sworn translation of your certificate is sufficient. Often, however, the equivalence of a degree obtained abroad must be recognized by a public body.

Recognition of foreign degrees

In order to have foreign certificates recognized, there is no way around a sworn translation if the certificate is not written in the national language.

Who is responsible for the recognition of foreign degrees?

Who is responsible for certificate recognition initially depends on two things:

  • Do you want to have a school degree or a profession recognized?
  • In which country do you want to have your degree recognized?

Recognition of foreign school qualifications in Germany

In order to have your school leaving certificate recognized in Germany, you must contact the responsible recognition office.

You have to submit an application and, if necessary, you will receive a certificate stating that your school-leaving qualification is equivalent to a german one and will be recognized here.

Which recognition office is responsible for you depends on which federal state you live in. You can find an overview on the German information portal on foreign educational qualifications.

Recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Germany

You do not necessarily have to have your professional qualification recognized.

It is often sufficient to have your diplomas translated into German.

Especially handy for job applications: digitally certified translations.

You can use them as often as you like without having to order additional copies or have copies of the translation certified.

Another advantage of the electronically signed translation: You can simply send it with your application e-mail or upload it to the platform of your desired employer.

When do I have to have my professional qualification recognized?

There are professions, such as doctor or engineer, in which you are not allowed to work without recognition of your foreign professional qualification.

These are the so-called regulated professions.

This applies not only to professions for which you have to study at collage or university, but also to many training professions.

This means that you cannot simply work as an architect in Germany, even if you have successfully studied architecture and had all your certificates translated by a certified translator.

You must first have the equivalence of your professional qualification recognized.

Who is responsible for this depends on the federal state in which you live as well as on the profession. It’s best to get advice from the Integration through Qualification network.

What is important in certificate translations?

When translating certificates, it is essential that the translation has the same format as the original, so that the reader can quickly find the information he or she wants to extract from the certificate.

If you order the certificate translation as an electronically signed translation, you can conveniently submit the translation online or send it by e-mail. This has many advantages: On the one hand, you can use the digitally sworn translation as often as you like. On the other hand, you save on shipping time and postage when you have to send translations.

In addition, nowadays you can only submit documents electronically in many places. Especially if you are applying for a university place or a job. In contrast to a simple scan of a certified translation, an electronically signed translation is legally binding and officially recognized.

Better than just the certificate translation

Especially university certificates or vocational school certificates often only describe modules and subjects in one word and do not describe the content in more detail. If you want your future employer to see what exactly was really the content of your studies or training, then have the module description translated as well.

You can also send us a description of the individual subjects, so that we can look at the translation and see what exactly was the content of the course.

Will my grades be converted during certificate translation?

No, we do not convert grades. This would create equivalence, which we sworn translators are not allowed to do. Only the accreditation bodies are authorized to do this.

On many certificates, the grading scale is also indicated, so that the certified translation shows how good your performance is.

Do you have any questions? Check the Frequently Asked Questions or contact us!